Peace and Social Concerns Committee asks you to please join an interfaith gun violence prevention procession in Wayne on April 11 starting at 3:30 at Wayne United Methodist Church. The purpose of the event is both to honor those lost in gun murders and to demand stronger and more effective gun laws and regulations. We’ll walk less than a mile visiting four churches. The program will end back at Wayne Methodist United approximately 1 1/2 hours later. This program will be held under the auspices of the Heeding God’s Call to End Gun Violence organization, and participating churches include Wayne United Methodist, Wayne Central Baptist, Wayne Presbytarian and St. Mary’s Episcopal. The program will include testimony, music and prayer. A memorial to the 447 lost will be represented by a tee shirt display. There will be an opportunity for letter writing to legislators in support of sensible gun policy. Feel free to bring a sign: “No more gun deaths,” “End gun violence,” “Sensible gun laws” or along those lines.
- Radnor Meeting at the Radnor Fall Festival in Wayne on Sept. 17th
- FORUM: Drawing, A Contemplative Act, Sunday September 17th at 11:30AM
- When Mourning Loss Becomes Celebrating Simplicity
- Easter Egg Hunt April 9th
- April 2 – Forum – Friends Committee on National Legislation (FCNL) on reproductive rights.